Antjie

Antjie

Thursday 26 April 2012

Do parents still teach their children the 23rd Psalm?


Possession...................... The Lord is MY shepherd
Provision......................... I shall not want
Power ............................ He maketh me
Position ......................... to lie down
Place ............................. in green pastures.
Pilotage.......................... He leadeth me
Peace............................. beside the still waters.
Prosperity ....................... He restoreth my soul.
Progress.......................... He leadeth me
Piety .............................. in the paths of righteousness
Purpose .......................... for His name's sake.
Pilgrimage ...................... Yea, though I walk
Pain ............................... through the valley of the shadow of death
Protection ....................... I will fear no evil
Presence ......................... for thou art with me.
Punishment ..................... Thy rod
Persuasion ...................... and thy staff,
Pleasure ......................... they comfort me.
Preparation ..................... Thou preparest a table before me
Persecution ..................... in the presence of mine enemies.
Preservation .................... Thou anointest my head with oil
Plenty ............................. my cup runneth over.
Promise ........................... Surely goodness and mercy
Pursuit ............................ shall follow me
Period ............................. all the days of my life
Placement ....................... and I will dwell
Palace ............................. in the hourse of the Lord
Permanence ..................... FOR EVER.

No wonder this psalm is so well known, it is so reassuring.
Do parents still teach their children the 23rd Psalm?